For companies that need a real Newsletter Solution there are many options, each with their own benefits and shortcomings and as always, varying price tags.
An Irish website I came across from a submission to Gimmedat.ie was http://www.toddle.ie . This website provides a novel way to setup a Newletter Marketing Campaign in a matter of minutes. They have several professional templates to choose from and they offer a pay-as-you-go pricing structure which is fairly straightforward.
Other solutions which are well worth a look include;
Groupmail: http://www.group-mail.com [Another Irish Company & Desktop Based]
PHPList: http://www.phplist.com/ [Free, Open Source & Online Based]
You’ll need to have phplist installed on your web server, but well worth the time investment since its free!
Campaign Monitor: http://www.campaignmonitor.com/ [Online Based]
Spinnaker Pro: http://www.spinnakerpro.com/ [Online Based]
Icontact: http://www.icontact.com [Online Based]
I’d recommend exploring each as a possibility and choose the one that you feel most comfortable with. On a final note, there are many things you have to watch out for when you are sending out marketing to a large group of individuals such as;
– There’s a fine line between email marketing and spamming. Make sure each member of your new audience is okay with their email address being used in this manner.
– Make sure you provide an ‘unsubscribe’option.
– Provide an online version of the email. Not all email clients will read your marketing in the same format i.e html, text, images, etc. See here for more info and future plans to remove this obstacle.
– Don’t send it out weekly! I’d go with Monthly or Quarterly to be honest. I can’t think of a single website, product or person i want to be emailed about on a weekly basis.
– Test your new campaign on a shortlist of users before it goes live. Try it out on different platforms & email clients.
Finally, don’t be offended if people unsubscribe and don’t be offended if i unsubscribe as well 🙂