- Do: Be creative.
- Do: Use the license plate rule
- Do: Use phonetic replacements:
‘Luv2LafF’ for ‘Love to Laugh’ or ‘Phunnyb0n3′ for ‘Funny bone’.
- Do: Include similar looking substitutions, such as the number zero for the letter ‘O’ or $ for the letter ‘S’, 1 for ‘L’, etc.
- Don’t: Write your password down or disclose it to anyone.
- Don’t: Use a password that you have used elsewhere.
- Don’t: Include commonly known information about yourself in your password.
- Don’t: Use a password that is listed as an example of how to pick a good password.