As the owner of a small business, you will have entertained the idea of outsourcing some aspects of your business. Outsourcing IT is probably the most common outsourced component of the modern business, from large multinationals to the SME sector. When done for the right reasons, outsourcing will help your business grow and save you money. IT.ie Managed IT Solutions are tailored to meet the demands of the modern business and designed to maximise your IT infrastructure, now and into the future.
What is Managed IT Services
Managed Services is a term used to describe a new model of IT management. What differentiates Managed Services from traditional IT support is that the responsibility and risk associated with managing your IT systems shifts to the Managed Services Provider. Traditionally, your IT support company worked a lot like a tradesman – you call them when something was broken. They send somebody to look at the problem. He or she would troubleshoot the fault and send you an invoice afterwards for the time spent resolving the issue. The emphasis is on reacting to problems that have already occurred. The IT support provider’s service is judged by how quickly they can attend to a problem. But, by the time you are aware of a problem, it’s already too late. Data is lost, downtime is incurred, productivity is reduced, etc..
Disadvantages of Break-Fix IT Support
- The break-ﬁx IT support provider has no incentive to make your network as stable as possible.
- They make money every time you have a problem.
- They don’t invest in network management tools because there is no incentive for them to do so.
- You don’t beneﬁt from the latest network management and automation systems.
- It’s often a “best effort” service – response times are variable and guarantees are seldom made.
- If the break-ﬁx IT support provider works slowly, they make more money.
- If they attend to the same problem more than once, you get double-billed for it.
- Your greatest IT disasters are their most proﬁtable jobs. There is no win-win scenario when it comes to break-ﬁx IT support
Advantages of Managed Services
Unlike the old “break-ﬁx” IT Support model, our Managed Services align the interest of the service provider with those of the client – namely you. Both parties desire for the client’s network to be absolutely stable – because they both lose money when anything goes wrong. In the event of downtime, you lose productivity, while we lose our most precious resource – technical support time. As a result of this alignment, we are incentivized to work harder and smarter to ensure that your network remains 100% stable.
- You pay a ﬁxed monthly fee for us to keep your network up and running, no matter what.
- There is no limit to the number of hours you can use.
- We are incentivized to keep your network as stable as possible!
- We do all of the proactive maintenance we can to achieve optimal network stability.
- In order to achieve that, we’ve made signiﬁcant investment in the latest network management systems.
- You enjoy the beneﬁts of enterprise-level automation and monitoring systems.
- From a GDPR Point of view, the responsibility on maintaining your network falls to us… and not staff within your company to maintain and update HW/SW as well as firmware/Security packs and generating reports when needed in order to comply.
- Our response times are backed by a comprehensive SLA.
With our Managed IT Services you will save money and greatly reduce your IT systems downtime. One of the most vital aspects of Managed IT is that the risk associated with managing your IT systems, shifts to the service provider. That would be us.
All our contracts are month to month and so we don’t tie you in to lengthy contracts.
Prices start from as little as €150 per month.
Our managed IT support packages include unlimited onsite and unlimited remote support.
You get prioritised support requests and guaranteed response times.